Organization: Heartland Farm Sanctuary
Location: Verona, WI
Heartland Farm Sanctuary is dedicated to helping homeless farm animals in Wisconsin and building connections between animals and vulnerable children and adults. Our sanctuary is a safe, peaceful environment where people and farm animals can come together to heal, grow, and have fun.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will engage in the therapeutic process with participants, including intake, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. You will uphold the values of Heartland Farm Sanctuary to foster the human-animal bond and facilitate growth toward individuals’ goals. Your responsibilities will include:
● Organizing and planning animals assisted interventions for youth and adults.
● Screening/registering program participants.
● Facilitating group and individual sessions.
● Setting goals and objectives and then evaluating participant outcomes.
● Collaborating with researchers to study the benefits of the human animal bond.
● Participating in a multi-disciplinary team to enhance therapeutic programming.
● Other duties as assigned.
Who We Are Looking For
The Experiential Therapy programs therapist must possess:
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a therapeutic field (such as Recreational Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Counseling, or Social Work) and possess current licensure or certification for their body of work.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● A willingness to work with farm animals and people of all ages.
● Physical ability to work some hours each week in a barn and pasture.
● Reliable transportation to the Heartland Barn in Verona.
● Commitment to mission and values of the organization.
We strongly encourage people of every race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, and ability to apply.
Terms of Employment: Part Time, At-Will, Non-Exempt Reports to: Program Director Location: Heartland Farm Sanctuary in Verona, WI. Hours: 3-5 hours a week, flexible around program sessions and weekly meetings, evenings and weekends Compensation: $25/hour