Location: Madison, WI
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- Processing insurance payments to patient accounts in a computerized system
- Submit claims for reimbursement to insurance carriers
- Patient billing statements
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits
- Ensuring timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions
- Utilizing monthly aging accounts receivable reports to following up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days
- Obtain and track authorizations
- Incoming phone calls from insurance carriers and patients
- Data Entry
- Contacting patients regarding outstanding balances
- Establishing payment plans to help patients manage the payment of bills
- Sending delinquent accounts to collection agencies
- Training appropriate personnel on the computerized billing system
- Responding to patient billing and statement inquiries
- Maintains confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Making recommendations to management for write-offs
- Cross training to cover for others as needed
- Assists manager/supervisor with special projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned, including research or administrative work, as needed
- 3-5 years of previous medical insurance, billing, or claims processing related experience; prior behavioral health billing a plus.
- Understanding of healthcare reimbursement practices.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records systems a plus.
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurances.
- Must have the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work efficiently while maintaining accuracy.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and thoroughness with office tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, required.
- Work environment is an office location. The position requires the dexterity to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, keyboard, mouse and telephone
- Occasional lifting may be required up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with frequent bending and stooping
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks (15 days) the first year, plus sick time and holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401(k) participation following 6 months of employment; Tellurian offers a match up to 3%
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website.
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter. .