Position: Clinician IV – Outpatient
Organization: Dodge County Human Services & Health
Location: 199 County Hwy DF Juneau, WI 53039
Apply at: https://tinyurl.com/jobsindodge
Under the general direction of Human Services Supervisor, provides/coordinates services, through evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of clients and their families. Undertakes diagnostic studies, and initiates appropriate treatment and social planning using developed skills and methodology. Plans and carries out prevention/rehabilitative treatment programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides individual, family or group therapy to assigned clients, scheduling client appointments as required.
- Provides psycho-social assessments, including impressions of mental status and diagnosis.
- Provides telephone/TDD crisis intervention services.
- Provides interventions for family members and significant supports of persons receiving/needing treatment.
- Refers clients to appropriate agency staff or other agencies for evaluation and diagnosis.
- Monitors client’s progress on ongoing basis.
- Develops and reviews comprehensive treatment plan for clients based on evaluations, diagnosis, and agency guidelines in accordance with State statutes.
- Functions as member of multi-disciplinary team for case planning review.
- Evaluates client’s progress, referring for additional evaluation or alternate treatment, if indicated.
- Arranges for client transportation when client is unable to self-initiate the process, in accordance with agency procedure.
- Facilitates for clients receiving treatment, financial aid/other assistance, requests for information, completing appropriate forms, writing clinical summaries, and assisting medical records personnel in releasing appropriate records.
- Advocates on behalf of clients to assure client needs are met appropriately and in timely fashion, through meeting with service providers/administration to explain client needs and to facilitate service delivery.
- Suggests need for new programs or services to meet unfulfilled client needs to administration’s attention.
- Provides consultative services to other agency staff on an as needed basis.
- Meets with other community agencies/organizations to assist them in providing relevant programs/services for clients or to develop programs to meet other community needs.
- 16. Provides education programs to schools, self-help groups, and other community organizations with a primary emphasis on prevention education.
- Prepares articles/presentations for various media sources.
- Participates in staff training as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Maintains required and related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
- Performs related duties as may be required or assigned.
- Services are provided in the school setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of psycho-social assessments/diagnosis and appropriate courses of treatment.
- Knowledge of pharmacology/psychopharmacology.
- Knowledge of assessment & treatment planning.
- Knowledge of individual/group therapy and crisis intervention techniques.
- Working knowledge of applicable Wisconsin State Administrative Codes, including but not limited to, Chapters 34, 37, 51, 55, and 75.
- Knowledge of professional ethics/conduct codes.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with multi-problem clients and their families.
- Must meet requirements of Dodge County Driver Qualification Policy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in a related field and 3000 hours supervised clinical experience. Medical Assistance Certified for billing. Wisconsin State Certified or certifiable as an Independent Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Wisconsin State Professional Counselor, or Wisconsin State Marriage & Family Therapist or dual certification in both Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
Office and field working environment. Potential of work in adverse interpersonal situations.
The County of Dodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.Read the full article at: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?APPLICATIONNAME=DodgeCountyKTMDReqExt&locale=en_US