Community Support Manager
Organization: Community Living Connections
Location: Madison, WI
You can help make a real difference in someone’s life!
Community Living Connections (CLC) is a local, private nonprofit agency that supports adults with disabilities to live their best life in their own home and community. We believe that individuals, regardless of ability, deserve equal opportunities to create their “best life”; they just need additional support in order to do so. CLC provides in-home staff to help with planning, personal cares, medical support, finances, relationship building…etc. We work in partnership with people throughout their lifetime. AA/EOE.
We are hiring Community Support Managers (CSM) in the Madison area! The CSM gives guidance to Supported Living Staff, and provides supported living services to individuals with disabilities in their home and community. Together you will work as a team to help people we support live their best life, and achieve their goals.
Get to know the people we support, their aspirations, and help them strive for their goals! Your role includes assuring the health and safety needs of people we support are met. CSMs also play a crucial role in helping individuals to make connections and build meaningful relationships within their community.
The ideal candidate has: strong leadership and supervisory skills. Ability to advocate for others’ best interests. Excellent critical thinking, analytical skills, and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to adapt to the current situation and shift priorities as needed. Remain calm under stress, and effectively manage crisis situations.
Learn more, watch these videos made by real CLC employees!
- Identifying, coordinating and monitoring community services for individuals on their caseload.
- Supervise, support and train direct care staff.
- Communicate with families/guardians, care managers, and other members of the individual’s support teams.
- Conduct 2nd interviews.
- Carry the emergency cell phone according to the rotation.
- Work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Work well independently as well as with a team
- Job Title: Community Support Manager
- Wages: $16.00/hour
- Full Time position
- Located in Madison with possible travel to surrounding communities
- Community Living Connections offers an excellent benefit package for Full Time employees: Health Insurance, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, 401(k) Plan with 2% company match after 2 years of employment, Vision Insurance, and generous paid vacation and sick time.
- To be considered, applicants will first and foremost have the desire to positively impact people’s lives.
- A degree in Human Services or a related field preferred.
- If you do not have experience in the field, but are eager to learn, CLC provides paid training to meet the needs of our employees and the people we support.
- Solid work history and prior experience working with adults with developmental disabilities in a residential setting and supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, Family Care and IRIS programs would be beneficial.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills and the ability to routinely make sound decisions regarding complex issues are required.
- A WI Drivers license, an acceptable driving record, access to a vehicle in good working condition and appropriate insurance is required.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Must have an acceptable background
- All employees are required to proficiently read, speak, and understand English
HOW TO APPLY: