|Job Title:||Homeless Programs Outreach Specialist|
|Experience:||2 to 20 years|
|Employment Type:||Full or Part Time|
|Job Location:||Madison, WI; Monona, WI|
- Outreach homeless individuals identified in various community settings: streets, shelters, day resource centers, library, etc.
- Assess and document individuals for program eligibility. (i.e. homelessness, mental health disorders).
- Provide information and referral to community resources, including mental health, AODA, medical, educational, financial services, based on assessment. Follow up to ensure that clients are connected to and utilize the services.
- Advise clients regarding immediate needs such as food and shelter.
- Identify and respond in emergency situations (mental health, physical, weather-related, etc).
- Assist individuals who are applying for Social Security disability and other public benefits.
- Transport and accompany clients to appointments, using public transportation or automobile, as needed.
- Assist in housing placement for displaced individuals.
- Maintain case records/files using the standard forms. Case records are to be up to date and available for generating reports, audits, grant writing, supervision. Enter all necessary client data into HMIS.
- Submit reports and review reports or problems with supervisor.
- Attend weekly program meeting and other meetings as directed by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma is required
- 2 years of Homeless Services experience, preferred
- HMIS experience, preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is required.
- Up to 90% travel required, valid drivers license is required.
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.