|Job Title:||Peer Specialist|
|Experience:||2 to 20 years|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Job Location:||Madison, WI; Monona, WI|
Tellurian, Inc. is seeking a part-time Peer Specialist at its Transitional Housing Program and PAIR team in Madison, WI. We are looking for this position to work 10-20 hours per week.
As Certified Peer Specialist in this position, you will be responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive Recovery-based activities, including groups, field trips and activities that educate and support an individual’s recovery journey within the THP unit. Additionally, you will be a member of the PAIR team which provides community based individualized peer support services.
- Promote wellness, independence, self-direction, and recovery
- Assist participants in articulating their strengths and goals for recovery
- Coach participants toward learning and practicing new recovery skills
- Support participants in advocating for themselves to obtain effective services
- Encourage participants to participate in social, recreational, and other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills and develop social relationships.
- Appropriately and respectfully self-disclose your personal experiences and recovery story as a way to encourage new ways of seeing, thinking, and doing
- Act a role model for recovery, inspire hope and feelings of personal safety and empowerment
- Document progress, and record information;
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain communication with supervisors and other identified staff about the needs, skills, and goals of the participants
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED, Required
- 2 years of applicable work experience, Preferred
- Experience with facilitating groups, preferred
- Second Language, Preferred
- Certified Peer Support Specialist Certification through the State of Wisconsin
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.
NOTE: Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.