Location: Madison, WI
Tellurian, Inc. is seeking a full-time Human Service Specialist to work at the Adult Residential Treatment program, serving consumers who have substance abuse and mental health disorders. The PM Shift would be overnight shift 12:00 am to 8:30 am.
Tellurian’s mission is to provide essential social services to individuals with mental health, substance abuse or co-existing conditions, in addition to providing services to the homeless with mental health and/or substance abuse problems.
Under supervision, the Human Services Specialist is responsible for assisting with the daily functions of the program unit and patient care working within a treatment team model. The Human Services Assistant, following AODA/Mental Health program policies and procedures, provides direct services to clients, and following through on previously determined AODA/Mental Health goals. The Human Services Assistant must conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner in keeping with program and company philosophies and policies. High quality professional relationships as exemplified by honest, respect and fairness must be maintained at all times.
- Follow program policies of the Adult Residential Program
- Process admissions, provide daily client care and administer medications within the Adult Residential Program
- Chart admissions and interactions with clients.
- Maintain a safe, secure, clean environment for clients and staff.
- Maintain familiarity with client AODA/Mental Health treatment/service plans and assist in follow through of same.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Intervene in AODA/Mental Health crisis situations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with members of program team.
- With direction, assist in referring clients to appropriate AODA/Mental Health services.
- Assist clinicians/supervisors, when directed.
- Plan and participate in program groups, recreation, and other activities with the staff, as assigned.
- Transport clients to appointments, meetings, or organized events and drive to pick-up medications using the company vehicle
- Perform all other duties deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health/social services,
- OR High School Diploma and two years paid experience in a similar position
- CNA is beneficial but not required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, and Excel programs
- Paid Time Off starting at 2 weeks (10 days) the first year, plus sick time and holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 401(k) participation; Tellurian offers a match up to 3%
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.