The individual in this position will provide support to the Restorative Justice Program through the facilitation of restorative justice circles and groups. This youth counselor will also work to connect youth and families to helpful resources and support at Briarpatch and in the community.
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of two (2) years full-time experience supporting youth is preferred. Degrees that are applicable include youth justice, social work, psychology etc.
- Individuals with lived experiences regarding Restorative Justice principles, and knowledge of youth justice system involvement are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated willingness to continuously grow cultural competency skills
- Demonstrated writing ability, computer skills, exceptional communication skills and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to work individually as well as on a team
- Experience and familiarity with Dane County youth resources/services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for Municipal & Restorative Justice programs
- Co-facilitate Circle sessions in Madison, Sun Prairie & Cottage Grove
- Facilitate Restorative Justice groups and trainings in various community and systems settings
- Support youth and families in connecting to voluntary services at Briarpatch and throughout the community.
- Support the recruitment, and supervision of Youth Peer Circle Keepers.
- Maintain up to date case files on all assigned cases
- Maintain contact with families and community supports
- Attend monthly restorative justice meetings with community partners
- Upon expansion to another location, become the primary facilitator in that location
- Provide ongoing program support duties as assigned
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position. Work hours will vary depending on program need, with the majority of required hours being in the afternoon and evening. A small amount of weekend time each month is required.
This position requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that will allow the person to operate an agency-owned motor vehicle.
Starting Wage is $35,568 annually. Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; 11 paid holidays; and 23 paid days off during the first year of employment.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by Monday, September 14, 2020 to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Claudia Parkes
2720 Rimrock Road
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.