Mental Health Resources for Older Adults Program
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
This position is part of the Mental Health Resources for older adults team that will provide mental health consultation services and case management support to non-Medicaid older adults (ages 60+) in Dane County to improve their physical and mental health, thereby enabling these older adults to continue living in their own homes and potentially saving the high cost of emergency care due to inaction.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will consult with doctors, therapists, and other professionals and determine treatment options. The LCSW will be available for case consultations from other focal point case managers as well as provide ongoing training on relevant issues to case managers about mental health topics.
● Provide in-home visits to assess the client’s situation for case planning.
● Assessing client using standardized assessment/screen tools, measures, to assess mental health needs
o Complete a thorough assessment of the client’s needs and characteristics through interviews with the client, family, friends, advocates, and service professionals. Gather information and summarize all previous assessments of the client’s strengths and needs.
● Implement to the maximum degree possible a strong, client-centered mental health service plan, working with the assigned focal point case manager, to:
o Ensure that all available resources are known and explored (natural supports, generic services, and categorical programs)
o Determine eligibility requirements for any applicable programs/resources that would benefit the client.
o Provide psychoeducation to the client and his/her advocates related to mental health and substance abuse.
o Develops a client-centered mental health service plan that enumerates the desired types and amount of services a client may benefit from, the ways in which the service should be arranged and the anticipated measurable outcomes.
o Involve the client, to the extent possible, in development of the service plan
o Identify the service provider and length of service provided.
o Obtain authorization for services
o Help participants understand and support the service plan to meet the client’s goals.
o Place the client’s name on appropriate waiting lists as needed and monitor behavior.
o Conduct regular in-home, follow-up visits, with the case manager and client to measure progress.
● Assist with crisis intervention situations to get the client stabilized.
● Create a comprehensive document describing the person’s existing capacities, personal preferences, potential natural supports, present services, and need for further services and supports.
● Serve as a consultant for focal point case managers and provide oversight of clients with mental health concerns
● Provide regular mental health education and training to all Dane County focal point case management staff
Education and/or Experience:
● Master’s degree in social work with emphasis on mental health and/or aging from an accredited university
● Licensed by the State of Wisconsin to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
● Minimum of 2 years post-degree clinical experience, preferably with older adults
● Trained Support Group Facilitator preferred
● Experience working with crisis systems
● Experience working with individuals with substance abuse
● Computer skills required with knowledge of basic functions including Google Drive and Adobe Acrobat
● Ability to learn/use NewBridge Database system
● Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
● Automobile Insurance
● Access to a reliable personal vehicle for travelling to home visits, other focal points, meal sites, meetings around Dane County
● Criminal/Caregiver/Credit screening
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Salary and Benefits
Paid Time Off
Health, Vision and/or Dental Insurance
403 (b) Retirement Plan
Flex Spending/Dependent Care
Will work throughout Dane County but office space will be located at NewBridge Madison
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is October 9, 2020.
NewBridge is an equal opportunity employer.