Family Development Worker
Jefferson County is looking to add a Family Development Worker to the Child and Family Division with the Human Services Department whose mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and families living in Jefferson County by addressing their needs in a respectful manner and enable citizens receiving services to function as independently as possible, while acknowledging their cultural differences.
This role will be working closely with Child Protective Services (CPS) Case Managers by providing services to families with children placed in and outside their birth home to eliminate barriers that lead to current court involvement. Examples of the barriers may be mental illness, developmental or physical disabilities, and/or alcohol or drug abuse.
To stand by this mission and successfully help all clients, you will be focusing on the below responsibilities:
· Supervise family visitation and interaction in the community, in homes, and at the agency
· Support families through teaching of everyday living skills
· Ensures information is communicated and understood between families, care providers, and case managers
· Assess client’s situations, including strengths, challenges, and progress
· Attend court hearings and give testimony when necessary
· Participate in child care for evening hours trauma parenting group, foster care group or other group meetings the agency may hold
· Variety of other important tasks
Starting wage = $20.39/hour; 40 hours per week with benefits
· Associate’s degree and one-year relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required
· Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
· Bachelor’s degree and/or additional experience
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled, however, initial screening of applicants will begin October 5, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead the full article at: https://apps.jeffersoncountywi.gov/jc/job/detail/1013_Family%20Development%20Worker