Location: Monona, WI / Madison, WI / Sun Prairie, WI
Under supervision, the Human Services Specialist is responsible for assisting with the daily functions of the program unit and patient care working within a treatment team model. The Human Services Assistant, following AODA/Mental Health program policies and procedures, provides direct services to clients, and following through on previously determined AODA/Mental Health goals. The Human Services Assistant must conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner in keeping with program and company philosophies and policies. High quality professional relationships as exemplified by honest, respect and fairness must be maintained at all times.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Follow program policies of the Adult Residential Program
- Process admissions, provide daily client care and administer medications within the Adult Residential Program
- Chart admissions and interactions with clients.
- Maintain a safe, secure, clean environment for clients and staff.
- Maintain familiarity with client AODA/Mental Health treatment/service plans and assist in follow through of same.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Intervene in AODA/Mental Health crisis situations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with members of program team.
- With direction, assist in referring clients to appropriate AODA/Mental Health services.
- Assist clinicians/supervisors, when directed.
- Plan and participate in program groups, recreation, and other activities with the staff, as assigned.
- Transport clients to appointments, meetings, or organized events and drive to pick-up medications using the company vehicle
- Perform all other duties deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health/social services,
- OR High School Diploma and two years paid experience in a similar position
- CNA is beneficial but not required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, and Excel programs
- Must be able to lift 15-20lbs.
CNA’s encouraged to apply! Shift’s that are available are: 4:00PM-12:00AM and 12:00AM-8:00AM. Overnight shift receives a shift differential.
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/job/detail/43516465/Human-Service-Specialist-Resident-Assistant?frame=1&aid=2415791&csid=132967