Jefferson County Human Services developed the Community Support Program in 1996 to focus on helping consumers remain in the community who have a severe and persistent mental illness, which has caused profound challenges in the major areas of community living such as: recurrent employment, inability to consistently or independently manage household tasks, difficulty with self-care, and other daily struggles.
In order to continue to serve all consumers that need services, the team is looking to hire a Financial Assistance Worker that will help consumers remain living the most independent setting as possible versus being institutionalized.
As a compassionate and knowledgeable Financial Assistance Worker, you will be successful by completing the key tasks and responsibilities below:
· Perform individual interventions in social or recreational skill training to improve communication skills and facilitate appropriate interpersonal behavior
· Teach money management, handling, and budgeting skills to consumers
· Perform problem solving, support, and supervision related to activities of daily living
· Accompany and provide transportation for consumers to work, grocery and supply shopping, bank, and medical and legal appointments
· Assess crisis situations
· Write daily progress notes to track consume goals, accomplishments, and any other important information
· Variety of other tasks and responsibilities described on the post job descriptions
Starting wage: $20.39/hour
Hours: 40 hours per week, some nights and weekends necessary
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefit package as described at the below link (https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php)
· Associate’s degree in Social Work or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· One-year related experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Bachelor’s degree is Social Work or related field
Applications will be accepted until position is no longer posted, however, initial screening of applicants will begin: November 2, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.