Jefferson County Aging and Disability Resource Center’s (ADRC) vision is provide information and assistance to a diverse community where the elderly and people with disabilities are respected, healthy, and productive. Therefore, the agency has made it their mission to help clients of our County achieve their goals by providing them with comprehensive information so they can make informed decisions and advocacy support to ensure that they remain in charge of their lives.
The ADRC Specialist I will serve as the entry point for complex and highly demanded, publicly funded long-term care programs and private pay long-term care options for a variety of adults in different situations.
To be successful, you will complete the below responsibilities:
- Evaluate customer needs and requests to assess and link clients with appropriate community resources
- Administer Adult Long Term Care functional screen assessment and determine functional eligibility for managed care
- Counsel and assist clients for eligibility in benefit programs such as Medical Assistance, Foodshare, Farmer Market Vouchers program
- Develop Next Steps Action Plans with clients that are in compliance with State and Administrative policies and procedures
- Variety of other tasks and responsibilities necessary provided on job description posted
Starting Wage: $22.30/hour
Hours: Monday through Friday; 40 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefit package with details at the below link
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree, preferably in a health or human services related field or have a license to practice as a registered nurse in Wisconsin pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 441.06
- One year of experience working with at least one of the target populations (frail elder, physical disability, or intellectual/developmental disability)
- Certification as a Long-Term Functional Screener within 60 days of employment
- Successfully complete all mandatory certification courses, exams, refresher courses, and continuing skills testing as required by DHS.
- Successful completion of AIRS Certification within first year of employment
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license