Position Summary: Provide counseling, discharge planning and treatment assistance to patients in the Tellurian Detox facility.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Patient intake and monitoring
- Conducting Alcohol and Drug assessments and evaluating patients’ need for substance abuse treatment following detoxification
- Provide counseling to clients within the program
- Referral and follow-up to the appropriate level of care
- documentation of services provided
- Collecting billing/insurance information.
- Charting within Electronic Health Records (EHR) system
- A bachelor’s degree in health/social services and two years paid experience, OR Substance Abuse Counselor in Training license with the State of Wisconsin or both and one year paid experience
- Knowledge of assistance programs and other resources, and ways in which these resources may be used by people in need.
- Ability to relate to people in an unprejudiced and understanding manner with concern for their circumstances and feelings.
- Ability to prepare and maintain necessary records and reports and to understand and follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to participate in and appropriately use available supervision.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build coalitions and work collaterally with other related agencies.
- Paid Time Off starting at 2 weeks (10 days) the first year, plus sick time and holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 401(k) participation; Tellurian offers a match up to 3%
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.