- Company: Journey Mental Health Center
- Start Date: Immediate
- Employment Term and Type: Regular, Full Time
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Hours (i.e. shift): Generally First Shift
- Salary and Benefits: $14.89 – $17.12, Generous Paid Time Off!
We have an opening for a Clinical Records Technician in our Records program! As a member of the Records Team, the Clinical Records Technician – Release of Information position performs all duties involved in maintaining clinical records in compliance with statutes, standards, policies and procedures.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Clinical Records Technician reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Director.
- Relevant medical/clinical records experience
- Knowledge of confidentiality laws governing medical/clinical records
- Knowledge of medical records and electronic health records
- Good judgment, organization, and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Commitment to achieving cultural diversity and inclusion
- Computer proficiency
Typical Physical Demands
Requires sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment including computer, calculator, telephone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
- Bilingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian)
- Mail processing experience
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law), and access to a vehicle with willingness to use for work
- Participate in team decision making
- Assist in daily priority setting of tasks
- Assist in training of personnel
B. Records Systems
- Assist staff with clinical records
- Retrieve and re-shelve paper records (as needed)
- Scan and file consumer information
- Maintain and ensure the protection of sequestered records
- Assist in chart audits and reviews
- Coordinate systems for records storage
C. Release of Information
- Respond to questions regarding confidentiality and the process for release of information
- Process requests
D. Mail Processing
- Sort and deliver incoming mail
- Enter checks, money orders and cash received into database
- Sort and meter outgoing mail
Participate in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.
To apply, go to: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/45865452?pc=9962CCF70A