Jefferson County’s Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) program within the Human Services department provides a flexible array of individualized community based psycho-social rehabilitation services for consumers with mental health or substance abuse issues across their lifespan. The goal of the program is to assist the consumer in increasing resilience, reducing the impact that their trauma history, mental health, and/or substance abuse disorder plays in their life, and assisting in their journey of recovery.
The program is in need of a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Worker to join the team in order to ensure consumer and community safety and placement prevention, as well as, facilitate skill development with children or adults who have mental health and substance abuse issues.
As a compassionate and attentive Psychosocial Rehabilitation Worker you will work with consumers in reaching their goals while preventing acute episodes and hospitalization by taking on the following responsibilities:
· Assist consumers with locating and securing long and short-term housing options
· Mentor and educate consumers in developing independent living skills and values
· Interview consumers to gather personal, family, employment, education, and social data to identify needs and establish goals
· Assist in coordinating groups and needed services and provide appropriate referrals to available resources
· Assist consumers in practicing their skills and therefore reducing symptoms in the course of their daily lives
· Variety of other tasks needed, as stated in the posted job description
Starting wage: $18.70/hour
Hours: 40 hours/week; Position will start in 2021
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefits package with details at the below link: https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php
· Associate’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or Social Sciences and one-year experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or Social Sciences degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Applicants with previous or current Peer Support Specialist experience encouraged to apply
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled, however, initial screening of applicants will begin November 30, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources:
311 S. Center Ave. Room 111,
Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer