Jefferson County’s Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) takes pride in their mission to help people achieve their goals by providing them with comprehensive information so they can make informed decisions, and advocate support to ensure that they remain in charge of their lives. As part of this mission, the ADRC has transportation services to support ADRC and Veteran Assistance Clients by ensuring access to essentials, such as medical care and grocery shopping, in order to allow the clients to live independently in their communities and helps prevent isolation and the possible need for long-term care placement.
In order to keep this beneficial program running, the ADRC is hiring a Transportation Coordinator to coordinate and transport the clients to medical appointments and other necessary places.
As an organized, detail oriented individual, you will be successful in this role by completing the following key tasks and responsibilities:
· Scheduling transportation services based on client requests, coordinating pick-up and delivery times accordingly, and coordinating rides between van and volunteer programs
· Sending transport reminders to clients
· Logging client’s requests, changes, and/or cancellations and creating a schedule for both van and volunteer drivers based on driver availability
· Recruiting volunteer drivers for the program, evaluating volunteer and regular van drivers’ operating skills, and arranging trainings as needed for all drivers
· Operating van to transport elderly and disabled county residents to medical/nutritional services and/or deliver meals; providing hands-on assistance with walking, boarding, and with packages as needed
· Reviewing prior authorization requests using guidelines of each program for the Managed Care Organizations and IRIS programs
· Variety of other tasks necessary
Starting wage: $16.40/hour
Hours: 40 hours/week; Monday through Friday, with some flexibility needed for nights and weekends
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefit package, with details at the below link: https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Six months experience
· Valid driver’s license
· One-year experience
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled; however, initial screening of applicants will begin December 4, 2020.
Application and position details are available at http://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources:
311 S. Center Ave. Room 111,
Jefferson, WI 53549.
NOTE: Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer