Jefferson County’s Child Protective Services (CHIPS) team is part of the Child and Family Division in Human Services and provides services to children and families under Children in Need of Protection standards and court orders. The team provides services that include: assessment and case plans for families, parenting education, monitoring and supervision, and case management and follow along.
In order to provide efficient services to protect all our children in need, the CHIPS team is looking to hire another CPS Ongoing Professional to join the team. This role will provide services and organize resources for families that are involved with the Department due to legal findings of child Abuse and/or maltreatment.
As an attentive and passionate CPS Ongoing Professional, you will complete the below responsibilities:
- Collaborate staffing/meetings with other service providers to ensure informed decision making and facilitate necessary services that are in the best interest of the child’s safety
- Prepare and provide court testimony at court hearings that represent the best interests and safety of the children
- Document and report all interactions in compliance with departmental policies and Wisconsin State Statutes accurately and timely
- Assess safety and welfare of children through face-to-face and collateral contacts with family, care providers, translators, medical providers, and others
- Provide crisis management by assessing stability of the children and parents, developing appropriate solutions, and ensuring crisis resolution
- Variety of other tasks provided on the posted job description.
Starting wage: $26.32/hour
Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefits package, with details provided at the below link
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, plus one year of experience with State of Wisconsin Social Work Certification
- Division training required upon hire
- Master’s degree