50% Provides Direct Services:
- Provides psycho-social services with assigned clients
- Provides functional assessments
- Participates with recovery teams as assigned
- Provides necessary direct services such as teaching and assisting grocery shopping, establishment of available entitlements, housing, use of available transportation, exploring employment opportunities.
- Provides medication monitoring support with identified clients
- Collaborates with families as well as other community providers
- Provides advocacy for identified clients
- Provides crisis intervention as needed
25% Provides Service Facilitation functions:
- Facilitates the assessment process
- Facilitates the creation and implementation of assigned recovery teams
- Facilitates the development of the service plan as well as ongoing monitoring and review
20% Miscellaneous duties:
- Ensures compliance of all programs and medical records
- Attends all program/department meetings as required
5% Performs other duties as assigned
Success Factors (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Social Work and its application
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and practices pertaining to federal and state human service programs
- Knowledge of assessment and treatment of mental illness and substance use disorders
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications, their main effects, side effects, and abuse potential.
- Knowledge of psycho-social rehabilitation services
- Knowledge of State and Federal entitlements
- Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effectively working relationships within the agency and community.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability to follow all departmental as well as divisional policies and procedures
Job Requirements, Education, Training & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in social work or related field. Experience working in the mental health field preferred.
- Valid Drivers License, Insured, Own vehicle available
- Must possess and maintain a current unrestricted (not due to corrective lenses) driver’s license and auto insurance pursuant to the Rock County Administrative Policy and Procedure 5.02 and 5.27.
Essential Job Functions (physical elements, equipment and working conditions)
- Ability to travel throughout the community.
- Extensive Computer and Telephone use
- Majority of work is provided in the community; at client homes, agencies, and other community locations.