- Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- Salary: $19.00 to $21.50 /hour
CASE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
TIME: Full Time
The Case Manager is responsible for the support of clients towards achieving long-term success and independence to meet the mission of the ministry. Shelter from the Storm is a Christian-founded
Transitional Housing program for Homeless, female-led households with minor children. Our program’s mission is to serve the whole woman and provide housing and hope to families living in homelessness. We seek to improve income, pay off debt and help clients achieve financial, physical, spiritual and emotional health so they will never be homeless again.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing comprehensive case management to families living in poverty in a trauma-informed manner.
- Assess clients individually and structure their action plans accordingly.
- Collaborate with clients to develop, implement, and revise their action plan as well as to provide resources and accountability.
- Work in partnership with SFTSM staff to design and implement program services and support clients.
- Maintain client waitlist. Serve as the primary screen for applications and referrals. Follow up with applicants and arrange interviews for appropriate candidates. The main goal being to refill suites as fast as possible when a family moves out.
- Collaborate with community resources to facilitate referral, crisis management, client stabilization, advocacy and enhance SFTSM profile in the community.
- Lead and/or partner with outside resources to provide life skills classes to clients.
- Attend and participate in case meetings, staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain client and program documentation in accordance with grant requirements, accreditation standards and best practices.
- Maintain client confidentiality and boundaries with a high level of ethical conduct and professionalism.
- Attend and participate in HSC meetings, HSC Family meetings and JFF Sun Prairie community resource meetings.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director to collaborate on programming and essential items.
- Be on-call for clients.
- Be willing to sign our statement of faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field
- AND/OR a minimum of two years’ experience working in Case Management with homeless individuals and other marginalized populations in crisis.
- A good knowledge base of mental illness, addiction, trauma, depression and anxiety. And a demonstrated ability to come alongside clients living with these in a trauma informed way
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities in extreme personal crisis.
- Ability to manage, affect and maintain professional boundaries.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently and with close attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to take complicated and technical information and make it more accessible.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with other staff while maintaining a positive approach in a fast-changing environment.
- Valid Driver’s license, insurance and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- Experience with HMIS is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Knowledge of community-based services for families living in poverty.
- Pay structure based on experience.
- SFTSM provides a partial stipend for supplemental insurance premiums.
- Case Manager is able to flex hours, so the position is an ideal fit for a candidate pursuing additional education/certification.