We have a multiple openings for Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinators in our Clinical Assessment Unit program in Madison, WI!
The Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinator position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services in conjunction with other staff and outside community providers. Services provided by this position will include completing formal Operating While Impaired (OWI) assessments for residents of Dane County, referrals to community providers, case management, and at times court ordered Substance Use Disorder assessments. Required assessment will be based on designated work hour but will be no more than 25 per week. Case Management duties include filing reports with the Department of Transportation, community referrals, brief intervention, following a case to help ensure compliance with a plan, and coordination with treatment providers and consumers, which includes phone calls and sending letters.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinator reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Director.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related behavioral health field
- Hire contingent upon State approval to provide services as an assessor
- Experience in a related behavioral health field
- Commitment to working towards culturally sensitive/culturally humble services relevant to each colleague
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices for treatment of mental health and substance use disorders.
- Experience in community-based mental health and substance abuse assessment, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by past experience in community-based work with related professional references.
Typical Physical Demands
May require evening depending on program and consumer’s needs, generally the hours 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM but are subject to change.
- Fluent in American Sign Language
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian)
- Experience with use of evidence-based practices in mental health, and substance abuse
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs accurate assessments to evaluate alcohol and other drug use issues, as well as mental health, in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner.
- Provides a range of clinical services including assessment, referral, and case management in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including OWI/SUD assessments, diagnosis, progress notes, CSSR, discharge summaries and other information in a timely manner.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.
To apply, go to: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/51661458?pc=701C9D96C3