Organization: Journey Mental Health Center
Location: Madison, WI
We have openings for Care Coordinator/Case Managers in our Clinical Assessment Unit program! The Care Coordinator/Case Manager(MHT/CSI) position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services in conjunction with other staff and outside community providers. Services provided by this position will include case management, and at times court ordered Substance Use Disorder assessments. Case Management duties include filing reports with the Department of Transportation, community referrals, brief intervention, following a case to help ensure compliance with a plan, and coordination with treatment providers and consumers, which includes phone calls and sending letters.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Care Coordinator/Case Manager reports directly to the program supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Director. Union status determined by hire classification.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related behavioral health field; OR Bachelor’s degree conferred within 3 months of hire.
- Experience in a related behavioral health field
- Commitment to working towards culturally sensitive/culturally humble services relevant to each colleague
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices for treatment of mental health and substance use disorders.
- Experience in community-based mental health and substance abuse assessment, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by past experience in community-based work with related professional references.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening depending on program and consumer’s needs, generally the hours 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM but are subject to change.
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian)
- Fluent in American Sign Language
- Experience with use of evidence-based practices in mental health, and substance abuse.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Provides a range of clinical services including case management in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including OWI/SUD diagnosis, progress notes, CSSR, discharge summaries and other information in a timely manner.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/52173756?pc=E7A7CE8016