Organization: Lutheran Social Service MN
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
As an Adoption Social Worker, you will seek permanency for children and youth. In this role, you will assess, educate, and assist families in the adoption process. You will also support children and families in placement. In this role, you will be responsible for a caseload of approximately 20-70 adoption clients, depending on the program served. You will also engage in program development tasks as assigned.
Seeking part-time adoption social worker to serve adoptive families in Wisconsin as needs arise geographically. WI Social Worker License required. SAFE Home Study training preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (preferred) – OR – Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work required;
- Valid Social Work Licensure required for some programs;
- Sensitivity to the adoption community is required;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft™ Office Suite;
- The ability to work independently, be organized and multi-task;
- The ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to case management responsibilities;
- The ability to communicate well using verbal and written methods;
- The ability to travel to family homes;
- Must have a valid drivers’ license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle and be insurable under agency policy;
- Ability to work with and advocate for all clients served, regardless of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or family type.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety, and respect.