Are you looking to start or continue your career within the human services field? Do you want to work in a role where you will be able to help our community daily? Apply to be a Care Coordinator today!
“The best thing about coming to work at Horizon Health Services is knowing that I am given the opportunity to make a difference within the community, and, knowing that I am supported by my amazing team!”
–Natalie, Care Coordinator
What will my day look like?
We know that helping our community is your priority! Horizon wants to make sure that you are can do that with ease by making sure you are supported. From a great onboarding experience to continuous training you will always have the resources you need to be successful! Here is some more information about the job that you should probably know…
- Meet members (our term for our patients!) in their homes or in the community
- Connect members to resources and services in the community
- Contact providers to coordinate the members care
- Complete all appropriate documentation of the member interactions
Side Note: You must possess a clean NYS driver’s license and have reliable transportation to travel locally on a regular basis.
Why do I want to work for Horizon?
Besides the fact that we have been named a Best Place to Work for 12 (yes 12!) years in a row? At Horizon you are able to come to work knowing that you are making a difference in someone’s life. You will also work around people that want to make a difference just as much as you!
- Collaboration. Not only will you be able to work with other Care Coordinators, you will also be able to work with counselors on how to best help and support our patients. The more the merrier, right?
- Various training opportunities. Who doesn’t love professional development? Horizon University offers more clinical and nonclinical trainings than we can count. There’s always something new to learn here.
- Seasonal employee outings. This gives you built in time within your week to enjoy some self-care, wellness, and team building!
- Summer hours. Every Friday in the summer you will be able to start your weekend at 1pm. Who doesn’t want to extend their weekend by a half a day?!
What has prepared me for this opportunity?
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling or other human service related field with two years’ of experience providing direct care to individuals with a behavioral health diagnosis
- Master’s degree in a Human Services related field with a minimum of one year experience in direct care to individuals with a behavioral health diagnosis
Care Coordination has merged Genesee, Niagara and Erie County teams into a new facility located in 1000 Young Street in Tonawanda, NY. Within this position you would specifically be responsible for the Niagara or Erie county members.
Monday through Friday-no weekend hours in this position! This position has a schedule from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. but we are flexible and want to work with your schedule as well!
Disclaimer: This information is intended to provide a general overview of the position; it is not full job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)