Locations: 291 Elm Street Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Are you looking to work for an organization where you are able to make a difference? Do you have customer service skills you are ready to put into action? Then you’ve come to the right place! Apply to be an Administrative Assistant today!
“The thing I love the most about my job as an administrative assistant is creating meaningful connections with our patients, supporting them through their recovery, and then celebrating alongside them as they complete their treatment with us. I can feel the pride that they feel as they complete our program, and that makes this job extremely rewarding!”
–Sarah K., Administrative Assistant
What will my day look like?
At Horizon, you will be provided a supportive work environment where your teammates feel like family. Have a question? There is always someone there to help! We offer a seamless onboarding experience that will ensure your success in your new role. Here is some more information about the job that you should probably know…
- Provides direction and oversight of administrative functions for Terrace House Campus across campus to program directors, operation managers, clinicians, treatment assistants, and residents for daily operational needs
- Provides efficient handling of administrative duties (answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining patient records, patient processing, filing, etc.)
- Provides timely, courteous, and knowledgeable response to information requests – transfer calls when appropriate and prepare correspondence (i.e., record requests, patient letters)
- Maintains competency skills and performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to the residential population served
- Maintains proper record keeping of service agreements with outside facilities, volunteer programs, etc.
- Properly handles incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries that come into the facility
Why do I want to work for Horizon?
There a lot of reasons why you should work for Horizon. Don’t worry, we won’t keep it a secret! Here’s a few!
- 401k and profit sharing opportunities. Who doesn’t want to retire one day? You can begin putting your own money away from Day One, and could be eligible to receive retirement contributions from us by Year Two.
- Trainings, trainings and more trainings! Horizon knows how important professional development is for everyone. Here at Horizon we offer both clinical and non-clinical trainings so there is something for everyone!
- Referral bonuses. You work somewhere awesome so why shouldn’t your close family and friends? If you refer someone to work at Horizon and they get hired you will earn a referral bonus as a thank you.
- Student loan assistance. This program helps pay off our team members’ student loans every month. After one year of joining you will have been able to pay off an extra $600!
- Summer hours. Since our summers are short in Buffalo we like to give our staff the ability to start the weekend a few hours early on Friday so they can enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
- Team building activities. Horizon builds in time to your schedule so you can connect and spend time with your team.
- And more!
What has prepared me for this opportunity?
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and challenge the status quo
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment that changes with community needs
- Ability to relate to mentally ill or chemically dependent individuals and their families of diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as have the ability to interact with them in a positive, supportive, and cooperative manner
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, completing work accurately and on time despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
- Ability to learn and apply Horizon Health Services Policy and Procedures and commit to adherence of privacy regulations
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a computerized office environment with word processing, database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, and forms, including the willingness to learn new software applications
- High school diploma with 5 years of experience or an advanced degree
You’ll be working at one of our updated and inviting outpatient clinics in Erie, Niagara, or Genesee County. This position is specifically for our 291 Elm St location.
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m., some holidays required
- Ability to work some evening hours until 7:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.
Disclaimer: This information is attended to provide a general overview of the position; it is not full job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)