The Children and Family Division of Jefferson County Human Services is designed to provide interventions and services from birth to adulthood. The primary focus of this Division is to provide safety, permanence, and well-being to children and their families.
In order to provide high quality and effective services to all families, the Division is looking to hire an Intake Worker that is specialized in Child Protective Services. This person will provide intervention and services to families in order to assure that children are safe and protected and to support parents in making necessary changes in order to accomplish this.
As a compassionate, caring, and attentive Intake Worker, you will complete the below responsibilities:
· Screen reports of child maltreatment, document disposition, and initiate referrals and follow-ups, as appropriate
· Investigate neglect, sexual, emotional, and physical abuse allegations on children
· Develop and implement protective and safety plans
· Recommend placements, CHIPS petitions, informal dispositions, AODA assessments, guardianships, and other referrals for services
· Perform juvenile intake inquiries
· Prepare reports that are in compliance with federal, state, and administrative laws, policies, and procedures
· Variety of other tasks and responsibilities
Starting Wage: $26.32/hour; 40 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefit package with details provided at the below link (https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php)
· Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Social Work, or closely related field
· Valid driver’s license, Emergency Mental Health, Juvenile Court Intake Worker, and Motivational Interviewing trainings/certifications
· Master’s degree and/or two years’ experience with Licensed Social Worker
· Substance Abuse Counseling licenses, and Trauma Informed Care training
Applications will be accepted until position is no longer posted, however, initial screening of applications will begin: April 5, 2021
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employerhttps://apps.jeffersoncountywi.gov/jc/job/detail/1067_Intake%20Worker