Title: Residential Treatment Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Hours: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
The Residential Treatment Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for providing treatment services to women with a substance use disorder who also have a co-occurring mental health disorder. This individual is also responsible for providing weekly individual counseling, daily group therapy throughout the week, and family sessions. This person is responsible for documenting progress notes following each therapeutic intervention, developing and maintaining client treatment plans, and presenting client progress updates during treatment team meetings. In addition, this person will provide education to assist clients in understanding their disease and recovery process.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with each resident within 24 hours of admission to complete Intake & assessment(s).
- Complete and report on client intakes, treatment plans, psychosocial assessments, aftercare and discharge summaries in a timely manner and in accordance with agency standards;
- Attend weekly staff meetings with treatment team to consult on cases, to review case plan and direction, and to evaluate client participation and progress;
- Meet once a month with assigned clinical supervisor for individual clinical supervision;
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts;
- Effectively utilize appropriate systems for data gathering, submission, and tracking client services rendered in accordance with time-bound expectations based on contract requirements, agency expectations, and program policy;
- Conduct weekly individual and group sessions with clients and/or families or as outlined in the therapeutic treatment plan or program schedule;
- Maintain weekly contact with client referral source for progress update reporting;
- Conduct clinical progress updates to client insurance representative;
- Establish and maintain referral and community resources;
- Participate in on-call system as dictated by program needs;
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to substance abuse and social services;
- Stay up-to-date on treatment modalities and complete trainings as required by licensing and program policy by attending conferences, seminars and journal reading;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field of study from an accredited college;
- Full licensure as LCSW or LPC, strongly preferred;
- Licensure as CSAC, CAC, or CSAC, strongly preferred;
- At least two years of post-master’s counseling in substance use disorders, strongly preferred;
- Prior work experience with residential treatment, preferred;
- Must have a broad knowledge of basic principles, concepts, and methodology of counseling/social work;
- Active professional licensure in good standing from the state of the work location;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals from diverse cultures with sensitivity to cultural differences and norms;
- Demonstrated ability with providing excellent clinical, therapeutic, and crisis intervention skills;
- Capacity to engage, respect, and serve clients with a nonjudgmental attitude, while empowering the clients served;
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service;
- Ability to work as a team member in providing collaborative care to clients;
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality and professionalism maintaining clear and ethical boundaries;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Possess an ability to successfully pass Bethany Christian Services Counseling credentialing process;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.