Location: Madison, WI
Human Service Specialists provide care for individuals with mental health disorders in a residential setting. Residents are impaired or emotionally disturbed individuals, and require close behavioral monitoring and supervision. The position requires following the resident’s Crisis Care Plan in assuring resident safety, including suicide watch procedures when necessary. Duties include monitoring residents’ physical and emotional well-being and reporting conditions to medical and management staff. This position participates in rehabilitation and treatment services; help with personal hygiene, maintaining the facility, meal preparation, and supervision of oral medications. These positions require documentation and billing skills.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Monitor residents’ physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to management staff.
- Provide support and personal care to mentally ill individuals in crisis.
- Observe and influence residents’ behavior, communicating and interacting with them to ameliorate their symptoms of mental health crisis.
- Collaborate with or assist psychiatrists, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill individuals in crisis to assure their safety, reduce their symptoms in an effort to return residents to the community.
- Develop and teach strategies to promote resident skills in coping with their mental illness or substance abuse, to promote recovery principles, wellness and independence.
- Supervise oral medications following physician’s prescriptions and orders and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Interview new residents to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status and to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Take and record measures of residents’ mental health symptoms, document progress, and record information for clinical and billing purposes.
- Encourage residents to participate in social, recreational, and other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills and develop social relationships including the development of work skills.
- Aid residents in performing activities of daily living
- High School Diploma, required
- Bachelors Degree in a Human Services field, preferred
- Related work experience, preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Consideration will be given to those with Substance Abuse Counselor in Training Certification, and/or Peer Specialist Certification
- Must be compassionate and have the desire to work with individuals with mental illness who are experiencing crisis
- Lifting up to 25lbs
- Able to climb stairs
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/job/detail/52922084/Acewood-Human-Service-Specialist-PT?frame=1&aid=2415791&csid=132967