Location: Madison, WI
With supervision, the Human Services Specialist is responsible for assisting with the daily functions of the program unit and patient care, which consists of supporting individuals that are on the road to recovery. All while working within a recovery orientated treatment team model. The Human Services Specialist, following AODA/Mental Health program policies and procedures, provides one on one care to clients, and follow through on AODA/Mental Health goals that have been identified and discovered during building a client/employee partnership. The Human Services Specialist are expected to conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner in keeping with program and company philosophies and policies. High quality professional relationships are exemplified by honesty, respect and fairness and must be maintained at all times.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Follow program policies of the Adult Residential Program.
- Process admissions, provide one on one daily client care and administer medications.
- Chart admissions and interactions with clients.
- Maintain a safe, secure, clean environment for clients and staff.
- Maintain familiarity with client AODA/Mental Health treatment/service plans and assist in follow through of same.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Support and provide intervention when needed in AODA/Mental Health crisis situations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with members of program team.
- With direction, assist in referring clients to appropriate AODA/Mental Health services.
- Assist clinicians/supervisors as needed.
- Plan and participate in program groups, recreation, and other activities that support client growth in conjunction with team members.
- Transport clients to appointments, meetings, or organized events and drive to pick-up medications using the company vehicle. (Personal Protective Equipment provided)
- Additional duties as necessary.
- High School Diploma
- CNA is beneficial but not required
- Individuals who identify with lived experienced is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, and Excel programs
- Must be able to lift 15-20lbs.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/job/detail/52922074/ARP-Human-Service-Specialist-FT?frame=1&aid=2415791&csid=132967