Location: Madison, WI
TheHuman Services Clinicianis responsible for the clinical services provided to consumers of the program and is expected to provide consumers with clinical and supportive social services designed to overcome AODA, mental health, family, personal, health, and other functional problems. The Human Services Clinician develops and implements the clinical focus of our mission to manage, motivate and follow through with consumer treatment planning and clinical services. The Clinician will be responsible for individual, group, and other appropriate clinical services within the need of the program and the scope of their training. The Dane County Care Center is a high psychiatric acuity, generally short term, hospital diversion program.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Interview consumers to assess whether they meet the criteria for program services, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate community services for appropriate referrals.
- Assess and provide crisis intervention as needed
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to provide interventions and support as needed
- Ensuring that all files and records, strictly comply with policies, regulations, and procedures
- Collaborate with community providers to plan or coordinate services that meet consumer needs including but not limited to financial resources and support, housing, medical, and community resources to assist in their recovery from mental illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Develop discharge plan that includes connection to treatment, prescriber services, and/or additional resources as requested.
- Provide psycho-education to assist individuals in understanding their mental illness and substance abuse.
- Assist consumers in coordinating service plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, and providing support.
- Monitor, evaluate, and document consumer progress with respect to consumer service goals..
- Enter data for reporting purposes, and generate reports as required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health, or related is required
- Two years or more related experience is required
- Substance Abuse Counselor or Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor credentialing is desired.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s License is required
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.