Location: Madison, WI
The Human Resources Generalist handles and provides support for a variety of HR Functions, including but not limited to payroll, benefits, employee relations, recruiting and training.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Administer general human resource duties including but not limited to payroll, benefits, hiring, leaves, training and development, and performance and talent management. Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Creates, updates and delivers New-Hire Orientation.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; reviews policies, procedures and practices to maintain compliance.
- Administer employee leaves, manage FMLA Compliance
- Ensure Cobra compliance.
- Performs workers compensation audit.
- Full-Cycle recruitment, including updating job descriptions, posting positions, attending career fairs, screening candidates.
- Implement, administer and manage New Hire Benefit Enrollment and Annual Benefit Open Enrollment.
- Track, communicate and manage 401(k) eligible employees.
- Assists Director of Human Resources when necessary in disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants and employees, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director of Human Resources.
- Assists in 401K and other audits as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills; ability to plan and coordinate work independently balancing multiple work demands.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment and willing and able to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift.
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or commensurate experience.
- Three years of applicable human resources generalist experience