Location: Madison, WI
PATH (Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness) is a street outreach program serving single adults in Madison and Dane County who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness and have significant mental health barriers. The PATH Outreach Specialist provides outreach, assessment, information and referral, short-term case management, service planning, housing support/advocacy, and SSI/SSDI application assistance to program participants. The end goal is permanent, stable housing with community supports to remain in housing.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Outreach individuals experiencing homelessness in various community settings: streets/encampments, shelters, day resource centers, library, etc.
- Assess and document individuals for program eligibility. (i.e. homelessness, mental health disorders).
- Provide information and referral to community resources, including mental health, AODA, medical, educational, financial services, etc. based on assessment. Follow up with clients to ensure continued access to services. Assist with addressing barriers to accessing resources as needed.
- Advise clients regarding immediate needs such as food and shelter.
- Identify and respond in emergency situations (mental health, physical, weather-related, substance-related, etc.)
- Assist individuals who are applying for Social Security disability and other public benefits.
- Transport and accompany clients to appointments, using public transportation or personal vehicle as needed.
- Assist in housing placement for displaced individuals.
- Build and maintain rapport with housing providers and community partners.
- Maintain case records/files. Case records are to be up to date and available for generating reports, audits, grant writing, and supervision. Enter all necessary client data into HMIS.
- Submit reports and review with supervisor.
- Attend weekly program meeting and other meetings as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma required
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Valid drivers license, vehicle, and insurable driving record are required. Position requires frequent driving of the employees personal vehicle.
- Bachelors Degree in related behavioral health field
- 2 years of Homeless Services experience
- HMIS experience
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices (Housing First, harm reduction, trauma-informed care, etc.)
- Bilingual (Spanish/Hmong/American Sign Language)
- Due to the nature of homeless outreach, this position requires the ability to walk, drive, sit, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and reach on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis
- Ability to operate computer, telephone, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.