Location: Madison, WI
Tellurian’s Transitional Housing Program (THP) was established to serve individuals experiencing homelessness influenced by mental health and/or substance use concerns. THP provides housing to 20 men and women and assists these individuals in connecting to needed services and resources. By working in this program, you will be part of the recovery process for these individuals.
The Human Service Clinician serves as the main point of contact for clients and visitors seeking housing services within our program. The clinician in this role possesses the clinical skill and experience to screen for level of care, triage, coordinate and provide referrals for individuals inquiring about our program and services. This role is also responsible for admitting, assessing and treatment planning with clients in the transitional housing program. The Human Service Clinician must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Interview potential clients to assess whether they meet the criteria for program services, review records, set up and complete intake for new admits
- Collaborate with community providers to plan or coordinate services that meet client needs. Refer clients to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental illness and/or AODA and following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Counsel clients to assist them in dealing with mental illness, substance abuse, unemployment, and obtaining housing.
- Prepare individual service plans, and assist clients such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, and providing support.
- Complete clinical documentation in compliance with federal, state, county, and organizational policies and procedures within the electronic health records system. Enter data for reporting purposes, and generates reports required by HUD, Dane County Human Services, and management.
- Monitor, evaluate, and document client progress with respect to client service goals as well as clients adhering to the rules of living within the CBRF and modify service plans according to changes in client status.
- Ability to function independently and participate collaboratively with the THP staff as a team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other Human Service field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Two plus years of relevant experience working with people with mental illness/AODA/homeless/disadvantaged.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office software, EHR, and database management..
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/job/detail/52922067/THP-Human-Service-Clinician?frame=1&aid=2415791&csid=132967