We have an opening for a Mental Health Specialist in our Bay Side Place program. The Mental Health Specialist (CMHT or CCSI) position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services in conjunction with other staff within the Emergency Service Unit teams along with outside community providers. Services provided by this position will include assessments, treatment planning, referrals, and case management in both diversion programs. The Mental Health Specialist will also be responsible for leading therapeutic groups, cross training and taking client vitals. This position on the emergency services team involves working rotating shifts as needed, including evenings weekends and holidays to ensure that the clinical needs of the program are being met and to enable the program to operate 24 hours a day, seven days as week, 365 days a year.
Associates degree, or Bachelor’s degree in a related behavioral health field.
4 years of clinical experience with chronically mentally ill persons
- Experience in a related behavioral health field.
- Commitment to working towards culturally sensitive/culturally humble services relevant to each colleague.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices for treatment of mental health and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in community-based mental health and substance abuse assessment, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by experience in community-based work with related professional references.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per state law) and access to a vehicle and willingness to use it for work (i.e. – transporting consumers).
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Experience with use of evidence-based practices in mental health, and substance abuse.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs accurate assessments to initially evaluate mental health, as well as alcohol and other drug use issues in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner.
- Provides a range of clinical services in conjunction with program staff including outreach, assessment, treatment planning, referral, and case management in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values, and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes, assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other information in a timely manner.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
Organization: Journey Mental Health Center
Job Location: Madison, WI