The Inpatient Behavioral Therapist works with a caseload of patients individually throughout hospitalization. An extensive initial assessment particularly related (but not limited) to presenting symptoms, family function and support, legal status, and need for psycho-education as well as aftercare resources is conducted within 48 hours of admission. The results of the assessment provide focus for the Inpatient Behavioral Health Therapist during the patient’s hospitalization as part of the patient’s treatment plan. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Therapist ensures that aftercare resources are in place by discharge and assists patients/families in accessing them. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Therapists provides care for patients in groups as a therapy group facilitator, and by facilitating “Family Meetings” with the patient and their identified support persons.
* Master of Science Degree in Social Work, Professional Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy with a clinical/mental health concentration from an accredited school
* Two years of clinical experience with psychiatric patients/clients.
* Licensed for Independent Practice (LCSW, LPC, or LMFT) by the WI Department of Professional Services and Safety which ensures a clinical concentration, supervised clinical field training, and completion of a supervised practice regimen OR “In-Training” Mental Health Licensure (CAPSW, LPC-IT, LMFT-IT) by the WI Department of Professional Services and Safety which ensures a clinical concentration, supervised clinical field training, and completion of a supervised practice regimen.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong desire to lead therapeutic groups* Experience and skill in working as part of an interdisciplinary team
* Two years of direct experience working with psychiatric patients on an inpatient or outpatient basis
* Previous experience facilitating experiential and didactic patient groups
* Excellent working knowledge of community mental health resources
* Solid understanding of Wisconsin Mental Health Law, Guardianship, Advanced Medical Directives, and Power of Attorney issues
Organization: Meriter Hospital
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25790&siteid=5083&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=691643