We have an opening for a Mental Health & SUD Care Coordinator in our Outpatient Services program! The Mental Health & SUD Care Coordinator (CSI) position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services provided in conjunction with other staff. Services provided by this position may include assessment, treatment planning, referrals and case management. This position will work with a team of clinicians and therapists to meet the varied needs of clients. Duties may include assisting clients in securing housing, employment, or benefits. This position will also connect clients to recovery communities and natural supports, and help clients problem solve to meet basic needs and achieve their goals. The Mental Health & SUD Care Coordinator will work as part of a team to engage consumers in treatment and encourage them to connect with recovery supports. The ideal candidate will be skilled at engaging and motivating consumers and be able to independently assess consumer’s clinical needs and link consumers with relevant community resources. The Mental Health &SUD Care Coordinator will also work with the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Team to support consumer’s recovery from opiate use disorder and/or other substance use disorders.
Bachelor’s degree in a related behavioral health field
- 2 years of experience in related behavioral health field.
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural diversity and inclusion.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices for treatment of mental health and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in community-based mental health and substance abuse assessment, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by past experience in community-based work with related professional references.
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Experience with use of evidence-based practices in mental health, and substance abuse.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs accurate assessments to initially evaluate mental health, as well as alcohol and other drug use issues in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner.
- Provides a range of clinical services in conjunction with program staff including outreach, assessment, treatment planning, referral, and case management in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values, and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes, assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other information in a timely manner.
- Works with other community agencies to develop and maintain a continuum of care and maintain efficient use of community services.
- Triage duties: direct or indirect clinical contacts with consumers who present with crisis situations. Assessing consumer for risk of harm to self or others, safety planning, and linkage to appropriate resources or follow up care.
- Supporting Level 4 clinicians with case management duties (including mailings of annual forms, treatment plans & monitoring their return), and monitoring consumers from intake.
- Other miscellaneous case management or care coordination duties as assigned by supervisor, based on clinical or programmatic needs.
- Monitor and follow up on engagement of MAT consumers to ensure that consumers engage with recommended services including therapy, prescriber/medical visits, and injections.
- Engage consumers in program treatment using reminder calls/texts or face to face engagement contacts to motivate consumers to participate in treatment.
- Assist the MAT team in the clinic including greeting consumers, collecting urine samples, and working collaboratively with prescribers and RN to meet the needs of clients.
- Assist MAT consumers in linking with resources in the areas of medical or clinical services, or basic needs, such as housing, insurance, or vocational.
Organization: Journey Mental Health Center
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/61998153?pc=41D2C72476