The Primary Care Behavioral Health Specialist (PCBHS) works as part of the Primary Care team providing assistance in managing the overall health of the enrolled population. The PCBHS assesses the behavioral, emotional, psychological, cognitive, social and biological factors that shape an individual’s well-being and provides interventions that focus on these factors related to the member’s health status. The PCBHS’s goals are to help improve the recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial, behavioral, mental health and medical conditions in the enrolled population. The PCBHS:
- Provides Primary Care Behavioral Health services to members being seen in GHC-SCW’s primary care clinics.
- Provides consultation to other health-care professionals to augment and improve the usual preventive and direct care for behaviorally based problems.
Job Specific Minimum Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Social Work or closely related field from an accredited graduate program and two (2) years of post-graduate experience in behavioral health, preferably in an integrated health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with up to date knowledge of the research and clinical literature in this area, required. MSW strongly preferred. Licensed Professional Counselors are also welcome to apply and will be considered based on experience in a closely related clinical area.
- Valid, State of Wisconsin license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker; eligibility for the State of Wisconsin Medicaid/Forward Health program as a Mental Health Provider, and possession of a National Provider Identifier (NPI Number) for health care providers is required. Applicants with an APSW or LPC-IT demonstrating significant, specific clinical practice training in a Primary Care Behavioral Health program may be considered if licensure is obtained within four months of hire.
- Experience working in medical settings, particularly with primary care, is strongly preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver license with a good driving record and ability to provide own transportation to various work locations is required.
- Professional knowledge of and demonstrated clinical experience in the provision of mental health and health behavior interventions across a wide range of presenting issues is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between medical and psychological aspects of health and disease, the ability to apply the bio-psychosocial model to the primary care setting, and a basic knowledge of pharmacotherapy is strongly preferred.
- Excellent assessment skills and demonstrated skill and experience in providing evidence-based, brief interventions that emphasize patient functioning required.
- Knowledge, ability and skills in the provision of professional, evidence-based mental health therapy services including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals and families, is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Primary Care Behavioral Health services is preferred.
- Ability and openness to the challenge of constant improvement, to learning new ideas and skills, to managing change, and to working in a high-energy, fast paced environment is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use human relations, interpersonal, and communication skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, required;
- Ability to provide culturally competent services and to work effectively with persons of diverse cultural backgrounds required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers and ability to learn and use electronic medical record systems such as EPIC is required.
- Ability to work with clinic and administrative staff, to be a team player in a team-oriented environment, and to interact effectively with staff at all levels is required.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional manner necessary to deal courteously and effectively with patients and the public, required.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge of medical records and appropriate documentation requirements, and knowledge of HIPAA requirements, required.
- Ability to work some evening hours and after-hours evening and weekend on-call rotation is required.
- Ability to provide guidance, direction, and clinical supervision to new staff, trainees, or other staff, as assigned.
- Ability to remain seated and attentive to patient verbalizations for extended periods of time required.
- Ability to maintain currency in area of expertise in primary care and/or behavioral health field.
- Ability to learn and maintain currency with GHC-SCW and UWHC policies and procedures.
Organization: Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://us61.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/grouphealth/Posting/View/3523