Villa Hope is a nonprofit residential and community mental health agency serving northeastern Wisconsin. Many of those in Villa Hope’s care are diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. Some are diagnosed with bipolar disorder or major depressive disorder.
We’re in search of an Executive Director to lead the Villa Hope team in providing long-term care, education, therapy, support – and most importantly, hope – to adults suffering from severe and persistent mental illness, developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury, and substance abuse. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has overall management and fiscal responsibility for all programs and operations of Villa Hope (45 staff, $3 million budget).
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Mental health care leadership – ability to expertly guide an organization caring for those diagnosed
with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and other chronic and persistent mental health diagnoses.
• Team leadership – stewardship of a positive, compassionate culture that brings out the best in Villa
Hope’s employees and consumers.
• Fiscal and operational management – accountability for securing and allocating Villa Hope’s
financial resources, and overseeing its policies, programs, and operations, including multiple owned
buildings and vehicles.
• Contracting – cultivation of business relationships to secure and negotiate contracts with counties,
managed care organizations, and other partners.
• Staffing – recruiting, hiring/termination, retention and development of staff to keep the organization
fully staffed with qualified, caring professionals.
• Governance – guidance of the Board of Directors in their fiduciary duties and strategic oversight.
Significant experience working with the chronically mentally ill. Experience working with those diagnosed with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and other chronic and persistent mental health diagnoses preferred.
• A strong understanding of mental health systems, programs and services delivery. Experience with the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) or Community Support Program (CSP) model of care preferred.
• Staff management experience encompassing day-to-day staff supervision, employee performance reviews, recruiting, hiring and termination, and an understanding of employee benefits and employment law.
• Financial management experience including budgeting, contracting, and identification of funding opportunities, including grant-writing, for mental health or related services.
• Familiarity with nonprofit governance and successful engagement with a nonprofit Board of Directors preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required for agency certification.
Personal Qualities Sought:
Leadership skills to constructively engage and influence diverse onsite and offsite teammates and partners to accomplish organizational objectives while fostering a positive environment that motivates them to excel.
• Compassion and patience to serve and support individuals with profound mental health challenges and behavioral issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work well with diverse and remote teams in fast-paced, ever-changing work environments, and to engage stakeholders through collaborative, mutually beneficial relationships.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to present complex information in an understandable and persuasive way to diverse audiences.
• Accountability to follow through on activities, provide regular feedback, and exercise diligence and ownership in work activities.
• Initiative, self-motivation and energy to take a proactive, constructive and results-driven approach with minimal board supervision.
• Adaptability, flexibility and imagination to accept and work constructively with continuous change and uncertainty, to envision and accomplish goals.
• Creative and analytical thinking skills to reach solutions to complex problems.
• Technology proficiency for effective day-to-day productivity, communication, and analytical decision support.
• Integrity to be a role model of trustworthiness, honesty, and the highest personal and professional standards.
Please apply confidentially, or share this with a friend.
Organization: Villa Hope
Job Location: Appleton, WI