Reporting to the Executive Director, the Membership and Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing NASW-WI’s membership recruitment and retention activities and communications.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement membership recruitment campaign
- Develop and coordinate innovative member engagement strategies that improve member retention. This includes overseeing outreach to lapsing members, coordinating welcome calls to new members and periodic member check-ins.
- Establish and maintain relationships with each school of social work in Wisconsin, coordinate with schools and faculty to visits schools for membership recruitment.
- Plan and manage membership events, including March is Social Work Month programming, other regional networking programs and programming targeted towards student and transition members.
- Coordinate the Student Ambassador Program
- Coordinate the BIPOC student membership scholarship, leadership and mentor program.
- Take a lead role in maintaining and utilizing social media for association marketing and communication.
- Provide support to initiatives to increase membership from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Upgrade chapter membership materials.
- Assists with implementation of chapter programming, including the annual conference, Advocacy Day, regional programming and continuing education programming.
- Attend monthly national/chapter membership meetings
- Investigate the feasibility of starting a NASW-WI mentoring program
- Update, promote and/or develop NASW-WI Fact Sheets on the profession
- Collaborates with Chapter Executive Director, Office Manager, interns, volunteers and contractors
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Requires 2-5 years of prior related work experience, preferably in an association or non-profit capacity
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field: a degree in social work is preferred
- Knowledge of successful recruitment and retention initiatives
- Knowledge of issues affecting social workers and the social work profession
- Must possess strong analytical skills, with a track record of program and volunteer management experience; planning for member/customer service
- Excellent customer services skills, including in person, over the phone and via email communication
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Must be able to interact effectively with a wide stratum of personnel and volunteer leaders, exhibiting a persuasive, collaborative, cooperative and flexible work style and the ability to adapt to situations as necessary
- Ability to work independently in a self-motivated capacity and multi-task within a fast- paced environment which includes changing and/or competing priorities
- Strong computer and technology skills including Microsoft Office suite, website maintenance and some knowledge of Adobe Acrobat products, database management and a solid knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Must be able to travel within Wisconsin
COMPENSATION & APPLICATION
This position is half-time. The salary range of this half-time position is $20,000-$25,000 a year with a generous benefits package.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Mherstand.firstname.lastname@example.org This position will be posted until filled.
Organization: National Association of Social Workers, Wisconsin Chapter
Job Location: Madison, WI