The Intensive Outpatient Services (IOS) Psychotherapist works as member of the IOS multidisciplinary team and is a key provider of direct mental health care for patients and their families/caregivers. The IOS Psychotherapist works with individual patients, groups of patients, and families, providing diagnostic assessments and evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy and other therapeutic modalities. The Psychotherapist also implements other behavioral interventions to address the complex mental health care needs of the IOS patient population.
Direct treatment functions are designed to meet and exceed the requirements set forth in the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) Chapter 40 requirements that pertain to a day treatment setting for children and adolescents.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling from an accredited program.
- Minimum of one year prior work experience as a mental health care provider with children and adolescents in a clinical ambulatory or inpatient setting
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Skilled in collecting diagnostic information
- Skilled in evidence-based psychotherapy interventions
- Ability to work with a diverse patient and staff population, including using an interpreter for some visits
- Strong personal interaction and communication skills
- Ability to document in an EHR effectively and succinctly
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible in responding to the changing needs of the organization
- Demonstrates critical thinking, clinical judgment, and problem-solving skills
- CPI Training within 90 days of hire
Organization: UnityPoint Health: Meriter
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25790&siteid=5083#jobDetails=687935_5083