RISE is an emerging leader in coordinated care and mental health service delivery in Dane County and the Greater Madison area. We embrace a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach in partnering with others to address the mental health and wellness needs of our community. We value collaboration, learning, and growth. We encourage personal and professional growth in all positions in our agency and seek new talent that will continue to enrich and diversify our workplace perspective and our connection to the community. The Community-Based Clinician is responsible for providing family-focused crisis assessment and stabilization, treatment planning, therapeutic clinical interventions, and coordination of services for children and youth with mental health challenges and their families in Dane County. The Community-Based Clinician works under the direct supervision of the Therapeutic Services Team Supervisor.
1. Provides short-term intensive in-home and community-based stabilization services using a 30-90 day model.
2. Provides brief youth, family, and parent therapeutic support and psychoeducation, skills training, and therapeutic clinical interventions that may include: safety planning, attachment work, motivational interviewing, cognitive and behavioral therapy techniques, communication skills, boundary setting, etc.
3. Completes a strength-based assessment which includes administering assessment measures and works collaboratively with the treatment team to formulate a culturally relevant crisis plan and plan of care.
4. Initiates contacts with other agencies and service providers in Dane County to develop and maintain resources for youth with mental health challenges and their families.
5. Demonstrates provision of a strengths-based philosophy to help youth and families meet their needs and realize their vision of the future.
6. Provides phone and on-site crisis assessment, intervention and stabilization services in accordance with the needs of the youth and family; includes ability and willingness to work some evenings.
7. Assists with the coordination of community-based alternatives (i.e. informal respite, transportation, in-home supports, etc.) to inpatient hospital admissions.
8. Assists, when indicated, with placement of enrolled program participants in inpatient hospital facilities and works closely with inpatient facility staff toward timely discharge by coordinating community-based transition and stabilization plans.
9. Facilitates monthly team meetings and maintains regular contact with team members (school personnel, hospital staff, County social workers, other community providers, program participants, families) to the extent needed to assist the family in successfully meeting treatment goals.
10. Evaluates progress in reaching goals and assists with development and implementation of transition planning.
1. Completes all necessary referral/enrollment paperwork with the family.
2. Completes all program participant-related paperwork and information on the agency management information system (i.e. assessments, crisis plans, plans of care, service authorizations, case notes etc.) according to established timelines.
3. Completes all program-related paperwork and enters information in data system (i.e., program participant data, logs, expense forms etc.) in a timely manner.
Program Development & Implementation
1. Works collaboratively as a member of the Therapeutic Services Team, including providing case coverage when absent and sharing coverage for others’ absences.
2. Continually develops clinical skills through regular clinical/reflective supervision, group case consultation, training, and independent study.
1. Engage in ongoing examination of and engagement with one’s own biases and continued work toward cultural humility.
2. Work with everyone embracing different perspectives and life experiences beyond one’s own experience and perspective.
3. Attends and actively participate in program meetings and agency meetings.
4. Follows RISE’s confidentiality guidelines to ensure program participant privacy.
5. Follows RISE’s policies and procedures as cited in the Employee Handbook.
6. Performs other duties as requested by the direct supervisor or agency director that enhance the overall agency operation.
7. Holds a valid driver’s license, has access to reliable transportation, and has a driving record that enables purchase of automobile insurance, in accordance with agency guidelines.
8. Any and all additional tasks as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or closely related field
• Current training license or ability to attain within 3 months of hire (APSW, MFT, LPC-IT)
• Actively pursuing clinical licensure (LCSW, LMFT, LPC)
• Ability to drive self and others via vehicle
• Daily access to a reliable vehicle, with valid drivers’ license and insurance
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working with individuals or families on issues related to mental health, community resources usage, case management and advocacy
• Experience working with others from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Commitment to strength-based, recovery-focused, trauma-informed programming
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and maintain positive collaboration with others within and outside an organization.
• Proficient computer skills, specifically in current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; and willingness to learn new skills as needed or required
• Ability to pay attention to detail and a commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
• Bilingual in Spanish, French, Arabic, Hmong, or another language as deemed necessary by program (in addition to English) as determined by ALTA test and within RISE’S acceptable range
• Clinical Licensure (LCSW, LPC, LMFT)
• Knowledge of Dane County’s community resources which benefit children and families
• Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and creativity
• Prior experience providing crisis stabilization services
• Ability to speak fluently in program participants’ common language/s (in addition to English)
Send completed application form and resume to:
2120 Fordem Ave
Madison, WI 53704
Job Location: Madison, WI