The Resettlement Case Manager, ICM provides intensive case management and extended cultural orientation support to ensure the integration and stability of newly arrived immigrants facing particular barriers. This position is responsible for providing individualized services to refugees and asylees who require additional support services to reach self-sufficiency. This position will also organize and facilitate JSS’ Mental Health and Psychosocial Support group programming.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of two years of trauma-informed case management experience required, with demonstrated ability to handle competing priorities.
- Experience working with immigrants and refugees.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people who are preliterate and/or learning English.
- Patience, compassion, and flexibility.
- Strong computer and writing skills to ensure effective case file maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages.
- Microsoft office skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Safe driving record, current WI driver’s license, and access to vehicle; able and willing to transport clients when necessary.
- A Bachelors’ masters’ degrees in social work preferred. You may substitute a high school diploma or GED plus at least four years of experience.
- Not required, but nice to have:
• Familiarity with the refugee communities served, particularly Afghans and Congolese, with
• Fluency in Farsi/Dari, Pashto, Swahili or Arabic.
Organization: Jewish Social Services
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Full Description: ResettlementCaseManager.pdf