Assesses client needs, abilities and strengths; facilitates development of client case plans and monitoring to determine progress both individually and as a program. Networks with other agencies to identify and collaborate with resource development and delivery.
Who we are:
Our Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Our message is based on the Bible. Our ministry is motivated by the love of God. Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer :
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible schedules and a casual dress environment
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, sick time, personal time, and 11 paid holidays)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 support, resources, and referrals to help you in your work and personal life
- Insurance benefits: excellent health, and dental, life, disability Discounts available for Pet Insurance, auto, and home insurance
About the role:
- Assess clients for needs and ability to move toward independence.
- Develop and maintain a case management plan for each client, which includes outcomes to evaluate, client responsibilities and accountability for all associated with the plan.
- Maintain a caseload of housing clients as assigned.
- Meet with clients to monitor progress regularly, including making home visits as needed. Maintain paper and electronic client records.
- Provide referrals to internal and community-based services through a holistic approach.
- Works with Social Services Department in arranging and conducting group meetings to provide educational opportunities for current program participants.
- Ensures housing services are maintained and properly recorded electronically to ensure monthly statistics are accurate.
- Assist with gathering data for funding purposes.
- Attend in-house committee meetings, community meetings, and boards as assigned by the supervisor.
- Responds to after-hours calls from the shelter and/or housing program for emergency issues.
What we are looking for in you:
Education: Bachelor’s in social work, human services, psychology, sociology, or criminal justice.
Experience: Three years social work experience. Management experience helpful.
Certifications: Valid Driver’s license. Must obtain the Territorial Caseworker Certification within one year of hire.
- Principles and practices of social work and case management techniques relevant to the services offered.
- Federal regulations and state laws applicable to the programs.
- Advanced psychosocial assessment skills.
- Public and private social services providers within the community and community resources and programs available.
- Collaborative case planning.
- De-escalation and crisis intervention techniques.
- Computer applications related to the work including strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, web-based programs and e-mail. Possess or obtain working knowledge of HMIS.
- Record keeping principles and practices; correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Programs and eligibility requirements for the Social Security Administration, State Medicaid, County Social Service and Food Share, and other relevant programs.
- Communicate exceptionally well orally, in writing and over the telephone. Clearly and effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze, interpret, apply and explain applicable complex laws, codes, regulations and procedures.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Use initiative and independent judgment within Salvation Army ethics and guidelines; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines. Follow through on directives, projects and emergencies in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Supervise interns or volunteers.
Supervisory Responsibility: Case Manager I
Organization: The Salvation Army
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000829839700&c=1177315&d=ExternalCareerSite&_dissimuloSSO=0ZUkXMyCGXM:T4s-MT1prXFw8-CnU_rLcczPOmg&_fromPublish=true