Jewish Social Services (JSS) is a 40+year-old organization, comprised of people committed to improving the lives of individuals and families of all religions and nationalities. We meet people where they are. Our programs are designed to help people manage mental health and physical health; to care for and connect seniors to needed services and programs; to provide emergency financial assistance to empower them with self-sufficiency; and to welcome and help resettle and provide legal assistance to refugees from around the world. Agency offices are located on the westside of Madison.
Jewish Social Services seeks a full-time case manager to help connect Madison area residents with community resources to meet their basic needs and keep themselves safe and healthy. The case manager will assess social service needs, (including social supports, safety, housing security, financial sustainability, mental and physical health) set goals and develop plans of action.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to provide assessment, information and referrals, short-term advocacy, and longer-term case management services for a diverse group of individuals and families. This position is an opportunity to engage primarily with seniors, refugees and other immigrants, JSS volunteers and other staff to help bring about real change in the lives of people in our community.
The Case Manager, will work collaboratively with the entire Jewish Social Services Team and will be responsible for the following:
· Provide assessment, information and referrals, short-term advocacy, and longer-term case management services for our clients.
· Advocate for clients and connect to community services, including; housing, public benefits, mental and physical health care providers, vocational/educational resources.
· Collaborate with other community agencies to coordinate care and maximize community resources
· Work closely with our entire team including social service case managers, volunteer and program manager, chaplaincy and refugee resettlement staff; providing consultation as necessary
· Develop and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with clients and other family members to promote independent and empowered actions by families. Provide on-going home visits and phone contact based on clients and families’ needs.
· Provide guardianship services for provide guardianship services for individuals who have no close family or other support systems and who need legal protection
We are seeking a case manager who is comfortable at working with seniors, (those over age 60), immigrants and refugees as well as other individuals needing help meeting their basic needs. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented person who excels at building relationships, making connections, and at managing complicated cases. Experience with financial guardianship or corporate guardianship is a plus. The applicant should have two to four years of experience in social services case management. A BA degree is required, MSW preferred.
JSS hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Position will be 40 hours per week. Some flexibility in hours, depending on clients’ needs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation is $43,000-$55,000 depending on experience. This is a 40 hour/week position. Generous benefits include medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, 403(b) with 5% agency contribution (after 1 year), vacation and sick days, secular, Jewish and floating holidays:
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to the Associate Director Chris Shanahan at email@example.com. Please include CM-SS in the subject line. Position open until filled.
Organization: Jewish Social Services of Madison
Job Location: Madison, WI