Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
Primary Duties – Provide direct services to victims of domestic violence:
- Assist with the daily living needs of shelter residents
- Provide trauma-informed services including crisis intervention, safety planning, parenting support and referrals
- Provide shelter orientation for new residents
- Complete intake and exit interviews of residents
- Serve as primary contact for Shelter Advocates
- Model and actively promotes positive, nurturing interactions and non-violent conflict resolution
- Complete administrative duties
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with trauma survivors
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience in a residential facility setting strongly preferred
- Experience supervising the work and performance of others preferred
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred
- Experience in crisis intervention preferred
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
How to apply:
- Submit the following 3 things:
- Cover letter – tell us a little about yourself
- Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
- DAIS Application for Employment – found on our website https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Complete applications may be submitted:
Via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via our website: https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
Via fax or US Mail (address & fax number available on website)
Organization: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
Job Location: Madison, WI