Job Title: Development & Communications Director
Description: The Development & Communications Director is an executive staff position with primary responsibility for leading the organization’s communication and development activities with a focus on advancing the agency’s mission.
Qualifications: BA or MA degree in communications or marketing from an accredited college or university is preferred. The equivalent of three (3) years of full-time experience working in a communications, development, or marketing position with fundraising responsibilities may be substituted for a college degree. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, good organizational skills, and the ability to work both as a member of a team and independently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees development activities including direct mail appeals, major gifts, donor engagement, donor stewardship, special events, corporate solicitations, and major fundraising campaigns.
- Works with the Leadership Team to establish annual development goals.
- Insures proper oversight and maintenance of the agency’s donor database.
- Insures that all private donors receive an acknowledgment/thank you for their donation.
- Oversees production and editing of correspondence with donors, annual reports, press releases, brochures, and other development and communications related materials.
- Develops content for the agency’s website and social media with assistance from IT staff as needed.
- Represents the agency at community events and activities related to development and communication responsibilities.
- Is a member of the agency’s Leadership Team.
- Performs other reasonable and related duties as assigned.
- Develops and produces agency special events.
- Manages agency social media and other online marketing efforts.
Hours: Hours vary with occasional evening and weekend work.
Transportation: Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance required.
Starting pay is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; paid holidays; SEP/403B plan; flex spending account; mileage reimbursement; and generous paid time off.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by May 4 to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Human Resources
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: Briarpatch Youth Services
Job Location: Madison, WI