Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
- Provide supervision for shelter staff while fostering a productive work environment and positive community housing atmosphere
- Coordinate and determine staffing needs of our emergency domestic violence shelter
- Assist in hiring, onboarding and on-going training of shelter staff
- Provide residents with support and resources in a trauma-informed manner
- Provide crisis management, consultation and direction in response to client needs
- Assist Shelter Program Manager in administrative needs
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising a team of at least 15 employees or volunteers
- Experience working in a residential setting with individuals in crisis
- Experience with both child and adult trauma survivors
- Excellent, organizational, written, and verbal communication, and computer skills (including Microsoft Office) skills
- Excellent problem solving, judgement, and time management skills
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience providing supervision to direct service human services staff preferred
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred
- Bilingual preferred
How to apply:
- Submit the following 3 things:
- Cover letter – tell us a little about yourself
- Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
- DAIS Application for Employment – found on our website https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Complete applications may be submitted:
- Via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via our website: https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
- Via fax or US Mail (address & fax number available on website)
Organization: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)
Job Location: Madison, WI