Community Support Professional I/II
Jefferson County Human Services developed the Community Support Program in 1996 to focus on helping consumers remain in the community who have a severe and persistent mental illness, which has caused profound challenges in the major areas of community living such as: recurrent employment, inability to consistently or independently manage household tasks, difficulty with self-care, and other daily struggles. In order to continue to serve all consumers that need services, the team is looking to hire a Community Support Professional I/II to join the team and provide symptom management, group activities, clinical assessment, treatment planning, and case management to consumers with severe and persistent mental illness of all ages. This position will also provide psychotherapy if qualified.
As a compassionate and knowledgeable Community Support Professional, you will be successful by completing the key tasks and responsibilities below:
- Provides community-based symptom management services, facilitates individual and group activities, and monitors client symptoms
- Completes clinical assessments of client condition
- Develops treatment plans including quantifiable and measurable goal achievement
- Provides case management services by utilizing community resources to coordinate care and treatment including crisis intervention, advocacy, and alternative housing/care
- Provides clients with rehabilitation services and ongoing assessments regarding social, life, and parenting skills, medical/mental health, and personal development through coaching, education, and intervention
- Variety of other tasks and responsibilities described on the post job descriptions
Starting wage: $24.42 – $28.25/hour; based on qualifications.
Hours: 40 hours per week, some nights and weekends necessary
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefit package as described at the link (https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php)
Community Support Professional I (starting at $24.42/hour):
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Social Work, or closely related field
- Valid Driver’s license
Community Support Professional II (starting at $28.25/hour):
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
- Some related experience
- Licensed Social Worker through the State of Wisconsin
- One year experience
- Substance Abuse Counseling Certification
Applications will be accepted until position is no longer posted, however, initial screening of applicants will begin September 17th, 2021.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Organization: Jefferson County Human Services
Job Location: Jefferson County