Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to provide psycho social rehabilitative services to consumers of all ages diagnosed with Mental Health and/or substance use disorders and enrolled in the Comprehensive Services Program and to reduce the negative impact of mental health and/or substance use disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes mental health assessments, including suicide and homicide assessments, collecting information about a consumer’s past and current mental health and substance abuse issues, medical problems, and family and social interactions.
- Develops recovery treatment plans for improving or eliminating the effects of mental health and/or substance abuse for the consumer.
- Participates in a team developed Recovery Planning Services, designed to provide the highest level of independent functioning and quality of life possible and desired by the consumer.
- Facilitates and provides psycho social rehabilitative services as specified in the Comprehensive Community Services Array.
- Supervises court orders regarding mental health, guardianship, and protective placement of consumers; monitors compliance with orders and testifies in court when needed.
Minimum Training and Experience Required for Comprehensive Community Service Facilitator I
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from a college or university and one year experience working with individuals across the lifespan with a mental illness and/or substance abuse disorder and crisis management
Minimum Training and Experience Required for Comprehensive Community Service Facilitator II
Master’s degree in Social Work or related field from a college or university, 3000 hours of post graduate, supervised clinical experience and/or 2 to 3 years’ experience.
Organization: Jefferson County Human Services
Job Location: Jefferson County