Jefferson County Human Services runs the Lueder House, a 24/7/365 days a year facility that was established in 1980. The home serves as both an acute care facility for adults with mental health or substance use who are in immediate crisis but not in need of hospitalization and as a crisis/assessment home for short term placement, with an ongoing purpose to keep adults challenged by mental illness within the community and to minimize or prevent psychiatric hospitalizations whenever possible.
The facility is in need of occasional part-time Crisis Stabilization Worker(s) to join the team that will provide emergency mental health services to mentally ill and/or substance use adults who are in immediate crisis but not in need of hospitalization.
As a compassionate, dedicated, and reliable Crisis Stabilization Worker, you will complete the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide direct client care and supervises clients’ daily living skills in a safe, therapeutic environment.
- Monitor client behavior and medical status and take appropriate action. Manage medication services for clients and store/dispense according to guidelines for clients
- Facilitate group socialization within hours and in community
- Document daily client charting and maintain accurate records
- Act as client liaison to hospitals, physicians, law enforcement, client families, and any other agencies/organizations necessary
- Variety of other responsibilities listed on the posted job description.
Starting wage: $18.70/hour
Hours of Work: 8-24 hours/week; varies between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift hours, based on need.
- High school diploma or equivalent with one to two years related experience and /or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Three years related experience and/or training, preferred.
Applications will be accepted as long as position is posted, however, initial screening of applicants will begin February 22, 2021. Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Organization: Jefferson County Human Services
Job Location: Jefferson County